When clicking on the preview button for a Customer Return you receive the error messages 'C04 is not a valid value for this field. Enter a valid value.' and 'Action failed.' You may also notice that the screen freezes and you cannot process further.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Select the Returns view.
- Select a line for any Return.
- Click on Preview button.
- You receive error messages: 'C04 is not a valid value for this field. Enter a valid value.' and 'Action failed.' and you cannot process further.
The Customer Returns part is not scoped in the Business Configuration under Selling Products and Services scoping element.
'C04' is the ID for Customer Return form template and as the scoping element is missing the form template is not available hence the system throws an error message.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Select the Implementation Projects view.
- Click on the Edit Project Scope button.
- Click Next to go to Scoping tab.
- Expand the scoping element Sales > Selling Products and Services > Customer Returns.
- Tick the check box for Customer Returns.
- Click on Next and then Finish button.
The Customer Return form template (C04) is now available to use in the Application and User management work center > Business Flexibility view > Form Template Maintenance sub view.
customer return ; business configuration ; scoping ; form template ; retour client ; modèle , KBA , AP-CRP , Customer Return Processing , Problem