- You are creating an Extension Field with the help of Key User Tools.
- When setting up an Extension Scenario for this field, you receive an Error message: 'Retrieving extension scenarios failed Fields with calculation cannot be added to extension scenarios'.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Start the adaptation mode.
- Navigate to any workcenter with extension scenarios, e.g. Sales Orders.
- Open a Sales Order.
- Create a new field with a Calculated value.
- Click on Further Usage.
You receive the error message 'Retrieving extension scenarios failed Fields with calculation cannot be added to extension scenarios'.
This is a limitation in the current Business ByDesign release.
- Fields that contain Calculated values cannot be extended into Extension Scenarios cause the parameter fields used to derive the value of the calculated fields may not be available in the target Business Object of the extension scenario.
The extension of fields with calculated values will require the use of Partner Development Instruments.
This feature is not supported in the current release of SAP Business ByDesign.
You have the following options:
- You like your company or an SAP Partner to implement the feature/functionality into your environment, e.g. by using the SAP Cloud Application Studio for custom coding
- You like to wait for SAP to potentially add this feature / functionality into the Standard Product, e.g. into SAP Business ByDesign
This program is related to Products and Solutions. Ideas are reviewed by SAP Product Management. Votes help to prioritize ideas along with other important selection criteria such as:
- DESIRABILITY: How many customers voted for this? How many customers will benefit from it?
- VIABILITY: Is this Improvement Request globally relevant? Is this in alignment with SAP’s strategy for the product?
- FEASIBILITY: Is the development effort realistic? Is this request achievable within the product’s architecture?
All ideas are welcome and valuable. However please note that the volume of ideas will usually be much higher than the scope of what we can accomplish on our product development roadmap.
In case you choose option 1:
Reach out to the responsible decision maker within your company.
Your company may reach out to an SAP partner of your choice. You may like to consult the Partnerfinder.
In case you choose option 2:
In order for you to directly get in contact with the decision makers in SAP Product Management, please submit your enhancement request via the following SAP Continuous Influence sites:
Calculated Values, Extension Field, Extension Scenario, Error, Berechnete Werte, Exweiterungsfeld, Erweiterungsszenario, Fehlermeldung , KBA , AP-RC-UIF-FLX , Page Layout & Key User Configuration , Problem