- In an application (written in C/C++ and using Sybase ESQL/C) a FETCH operation hangs when called for the 2nd time (the first FETCH returns fine the row).
- Developer found that the ct_fetch() function is not returning or ending after being called, it hangs.
- Monitoring system calls with Solaris' truss command, it shows that the hanging is due to a missing send data to ASE, the ct_fetch() just results in a read() system call on the network and ASE server is not sending any reply.
- SAP Adaptive Server Entreprise (ASE) 16.
- SAP Adaptive Server Entreprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Entreprise (ASE) Software Development Kit (SDK) 16.
- Sybase Software Development Kit (SDK) 15.7
enable compatibility mode,fetch,ESQL/C,ESQL,ct_fetch , KBA , BC-SYB-SDK , SDK , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.