SAP ASE system runs out of locks during migration or client copy imports.
- SUM DMO
- R3load imports
- Client Copy imports
- SUM nZDM updates
For example - processes have been seen to fail during:
- SUM DMO downtime Execution phase (80%) during SP import batch job - RDDEXECL
- SUM nZDM RUN_CRR_PREPCOL phase
- Core import phase
Examples of errors received:
- Short dumps in TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED
- Short dumps with ASE error SQL12207: ERROR: (SYB) [ASE Error SQL12207][SAP][ASE ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Enterprise]Could not acquire a lock within the specified wait period. SERVER level wait period=1800 seconds, spid=413, lock type=update row, dbid=5, objid=1432800226, pageno=151185, rowno=0."
- Corresponding ASE database error - SQL1204 - out of locks
Increasing the value of ASE configuration parameter, "number of locks", per SAP KBA 1884542, does not help.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Suite
migration, imports, import, "client copy", SUM, DMO, nZDM, SQL12207, SQL1204, 1204, locks, 12207, phase, TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED, "out of locks", "lock waittime", "lock promotion", "table lock" , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , BW-SYS-DB-SYB , BW on Adaptive Server Enterprise , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.