- Feature enhancement to improve performance of DUMP DATABASE on databases that have large amounts of free space.
- DUMP DATABASE is slow when dumping a large empty or sparsely allocated database.
- DUMP DATABASE can take much longer after large amounts of space are freed by drop table, truncate table, mass deletes
- DUMP DATABASE can take much longer after an ALTER DATABASE adds a large amount of empty space to a database.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE)
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise Cluster Edition (ASE CE)
- Backup Server
Sybase, ASEServer, SAPASE, dataserver, backupserver, performance, slow, slower, longer, dump, empty, sparse, free, unreserved, dropped, truncated , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-SYB-ASE-CE , ASE Cluster Edition (Standalone) , Product Enhancement
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.