- You are ending the validity of Organization Unit XXX.
- You get the error message 'Timeline for org unit XXX not allowed; employees assigned from YYYY-MM-DD to YYYY-MM-DD'.
- You have no Employees assigned under Organization Unit XXX.
(XXX represents the Organization Unit ID)
(YYYY-MM-DD is a date)
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Organizational Management work center.
- Select Edit Org Structures under Common Tasks.
- Select the Org Unit XXX.
- Click the Org Unit button and choose End Validity option.
Note: 'Timeline for org unit XXX not allowed; employees assigned from YYYY-MM-DD to YYYY-MM-DD' error message is displayed.
Organizational Unit XXX has active Service Agents assigned.
You need to remove all the Service Agents assigned to Organization Unit XXX.
Go to the Supplier Base work center.
Go to the Service Agents view.
Use the Filter options to get all active Service Agents for Organization Unit XXX.
Select the first Service Agent.
Click Change Status button.
Repeat above steps for all Service Agents under Organization Unit XXX.
For more information about Service Agents, please check the built-in document called 'Service Agents Quick Guide' in the Help Center.
Please also refer to KBA 1715569 - Error Message: Cannot set Timeline of the Org Unit XYZ, Employee assigned from DD/MM/YYYY to DD/MM/YYYY
Timeline, Organization Unit, Employee, Service Agent, Validity, Obsolete, Org Structures , KBA , SRD-MD-OM , Organizational Management , Problem