You have opened a report and would like to sort some columns (e.g. alphabetically), however you notice that in some cases this is not possible.
SAP Cloud for Customer
SAP Business byDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the work center Business Analytics and the view Design Reports.
- Open the respective report and execute it.
- Go to the view and click on the characteristic you would like to sort > Settings.
- In the Sorting section, choose if you want to sort by ID or description, and if you want a descending or ascending sort order.
- Click OK.
- The setting is not applied.
There are several possible causes:
- Sorting is not possible when characteristics and key figures are together in columns or rows.
- You are trying to use the characteristic settings to set up a sorting, however key figure setting is still active. A sorting on both the key figures and the characteristics is not possible.
- This is the correct behavior. Please change your report view so that the columns contain key figures only, and the rows have only characteristics (or the other way round).
- Please switch on the sorting on characteristics first. To do so, open the report and click on the dot next to the column label. The dot will change into an arrow to indicate that characteristic sorting is active and that column is sorted (ascending or descending).
sort, sorting, key figure, characteristic, columns, rows, report , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , Problem