You have de-scoped questions related to a Follow-Up, however, the follow-up options are still present on the drop-down list.
SAP Business Bydesign - all its versions.
Reproducing the Issue
You are able to create Follow-Up activities in different ways. We are using a Follow-Up activity from a sales order as an example:
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Go to the Sales Orders view.
- In the Show drop-down list, select All Orders.
- Press the Go button.
- Click the Follow-Up button and then select any of the following-up activities such as Appointments, E-Mail, Letter, Fax or Phone Call.
The following error messages occur:
"Process type not determined for type code."
"Error in bus. configuration for party determination; report an incident."
The reason why these messages are showing is because the respective Follow-Up activity has been de-selected from your scoping under the Questions phase.
This is the expected system behavior.
When an option is de-scoped, it is not hidden from the options list. If there are activities which have been de-scoped in the system, an error message is raised for the respective users when they try to create such activities.
To scope the option back to the system, perform the following steps:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Implementation Project view.
- Select your implementation project and click on the Edit Project Scope button.
- Navigate to step 4 - Questions.
- Expand Sales > Account and Activity Management and then select Activity Management.
- On the right side you can check which follow-up activities can be selected in your scope.
Show; Follow-Up; Scope; Sales Order Follow-Up; Fax; E-mail; Letter; , KBA , AP-SLO , Sales Order Processing , How To