Unable to set date filters in Login Data reports to restrict the range / volume of data pulled by the report.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Create an Ad Hoc / Table report for the 'Login Data' domain
- Try to apply a filter for the 'Access Date' column under the 'Employee login Date' table
The "Loading..." message never goes away and the screen freezes
The filter screen attempts to load all the access dates for all the employees.
For high volume instances, this would be humongous data.
The screen it turn takes a long time to load the dates and eventually results in a timeout.
If not done already, enable the following switches in Provisioning, under company settings:
- Disable lazy loading of filter values to improve performance while creating/editing an ad-hoc report & tile builder
- Disable Ad-hoc caching service
If the issue still persists, please use the workaround explained below:
- This KBA includes 5 report definition files that can be uploaded to your instance.
- All of them have the 'Access Date' column added to them, with different date filters applied.
Report / Attachment Name Filter applied report_Login_Data_2016.sfr From the 1st of January 2016 to the 31st of December 2016 report_Login_Data_2017.sfr From the 1st of January 2017 to the 31st of December 2017 report_Login_Data_2018.sfr From the 1st of January 2018 to the 31st of December 2018 report_Login_Data_2019.sfr From the 1st of January 2019 to the 31st of December 2019 report_Login_Data_2020.sfr From the 1st of January 2020 to the 31st of December 2020
- Upload one of the reports to your instance
- Change the People Scope if required
- Add more columns as desired
- DO NOT Modify the Filter section. Attempts to make changes to the Filter section will result in the same timeout
- Save the Report and exit the Report Editor screen
- Run the report
- The system will allow users to modify the filter values at runtime
- Edit the date filter as desired, using the 'Free text' option in this screen
Further execution can be proceeded either Offline (recommended) or Online
Since we are moving towards an SAP Analytics Cloud powered reporting solution, this behaviour will NOT be fixed through code changes.
Internal ticket number for reference: RPT-8243
Please create a support ticket, if further assistance is required in using the sfr files.
Login, Data, Ad, hoc, Reporting, Access, Date, Filters, Panel, loading, stuck, by, rule, report,values, filter, freeze, frozen, screen, timeout , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ADH , Adhoc Reports & Report Builder , Problem