- You are using SAP Hana Platform Edition
- Your Hana DB monitoring is set up on an R/3 system or Solution Manager via transaction DBACOCKPIT
- You have successfully migrated from the Standalone to Embedded Statistics Server (ESS) or at a release where this migration is automatically enabled (see below)
- When you go to Current Status -> Alerts in DBACOCKPIT, it then becomes greyed out and gives a warning message similar to:
- Warning Message <sid> statisticsserver is deactivated or statistics server is not running
- Warning Message <sid> statisticsserver.ini -> [statisticsserver_general] -> active = false
- Other menu options are also greyed out, for example
- Performance -> Statistics Server
- System Information -> Large Tables
- If you check in Hana Studio, the Alerts are being generated as expected
SAP Hana Platform Edition 1.0
SAP Hana Platform Edition 2.0
statisticsserver is not running, Some services are not started, Alerts cannot be displayed, Alerting, monitor, statistics server , KBA , BC-DB-HDB-CCM , CCMS / Database Monitors for SAP HANA , HAN-DB-MON , SAP HANA Monitoring , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.