How to maintain the Reason for Rejection in Project Based Sales Order items
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Order work center.
- Go to the Sales Order view.
- Search and Edit the Sales Order and click the View All button.
- Go to the Items tab and select line which is of type project based items like Service - fixed price (project), Service - time and material (project), etc.
- You can see the Reason for Rejection is no more editable.
The Sales Order cannot be canceled if it is invoiced, hence the Reason for rejection field is not editable. The Reason for rejection field of the sales order item could be set/editable only if the invoicing status is Not Started.
If you want to make Reason for Rejection at Sales Order Item editable then you have to make Invoice Status as Not Started for that you have to cancel the follow-up documents like project invoice request and customer invoice.
Once the follow-up documents are canceled the sales order item Invoice Status will be set back to as Not Started and you should be able to maintain the Reason for Rejection to cancel the sales order item.
If you want to cancel the entire sales order then you have to revert all the items Invoice Status as Not Started.
1854924 - How to maintain the Reason for Rejection in Project Based Sales Order Item
For cancellation of non-project based items in Sales Order, please refer to 1755905 - You are not able to Cancel a Sales Order
Project sales order,Reason for Rejection,Close sales order, cancel sales order line item,cancel sales order, Reason For Rejection Field Grayed Out , KBA , AP-SLO-PRO , Sales order project processing , Problem