In your Item Quantity Scheduling endeavor, you are faced with an error message which prevents Item Distribution in an Opportunity.
SAP Sales Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales workcentre.
- Go to the Opportunity view.
- Open ABC (ABC represents an Opportunity which includes a Product Line).
- Go to the Products Facet.
- Select the Product Line to display the Item Quantity Schedule.
- Enter Edit Mode.
- Under the Item Quantity section, click Add.
- Define the Quantity Distribution with 123 as Distribution Quantity (123 represents the number of pieces) along with the mandatory fields.
- Hit Ok.
Result: An Error message appears and Save is prevented.
Each Month included in the Schedule has a decimal number of Products maintained.
The system shows an Error message: 'Non-permitted decimals in quantity schedule'.
You are faced with this error message as the number of Items you maintained to be spread across the year or between the Start Month and End Month is odd-numbered, whereas the number of months chosen is even-numbered.
As a consequence the distribution leads to a fraction, and you receive a warning as the feature allows for even monthly distribution throughout a specific period of time, to maintain Product integrity.
This is the designed system behavior.
We suggest to spread the Items across several Schedule lines so that some months have more Items than others; You can do so by changing the amount for a particular month manually, and hit Enter to update the Item Quantity Schedule.
Opportunity, Item Quantity Schedule, Start Month, End Month, Item Distribution, Non-Permitted decimals in Quantity Schedule. , KBA , LOD-CRM-OPP , Opportunity Management , LOD-CRM-PRO , Products , Problem