A calculated field (onView) is displayed in the history on the right side, but on the left (change history panel) it is still displaying the old value
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- Employee Central - Compensation Information
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a custom field to store a Calculated Value
- Create a Business Rule to view the value OnView
- Go to History
- In Compensation Information Change (the right hand side of the history page), the value is displayed correctly
- In Change History (the left hand side), the old value is displayed, and for the record with event reason New Hire, no value is displayed.
User expects to see the same calculated value in both sides of the history page.
Calculated fields will not show current (not yet saved) value on the Change History because (as the name suggest - left hand side is for Change History Records).
The value on the left is the one previously calculated and persisted (saved) in the database during past action.
The value on the right hand side is the actual freshly calculated by the business rule, not yet saved into the database, this value will move to right hand side when saved.
- The left hand side of the portlet displays Change History that has been saved [The "changed" Record]
- The right hand side displays record as of the history date, [The "OnView" record] - only when edited and changed, it will be sent to the right hand side.
- The top of the stack on the left side displays either the current or future dated record.
Please note transient fields Range Penetration and Compa Ratio will not be displayed in the Change History (left hand side panel), as they are not saved into the database.
Calculated field, Compa ratio, Range penetration, onView, transient, calculated, custom field, rule, change history, compensation information changes , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-BCI , Manage Business Configuration (BCUI) & Data Models (XML) , LOD-SF-EC-PP3 , People Profile (PP3) , LOD-SF-EC-CMP , Compensation Information & One-Time Bonus , Problem