When editing the Status Dictionary for Tickets and trying to create a new variant for the Closed Status, you receive the error message: Life Cycle Status Closed cannot be used.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the relevant Implementation Project.
- Click on Open Activity List.
- Find and open the Fine Tuning Activity Tickets for Customer Support.
- Open Maintain Status Dictionary Entries.
- Click on Add Row.
- Add a row with the status Closed.
- The message Life Cycle Status Closed Can't Be Used will appear.
Closed status cannot be used for creating any user status since once the ticket is closed, no further processing is possible.
Hence only the standard delivered closed status can be used.
At the moment this the expected behavior for the Tickets scenario. In case you have a request for a different behavior, you may contact your implementation manager to help with such request or approach directly the SAP Cloud Service Center.
Note: The services of the SAP Cloud Service Center will be charged as packaged services based on fixed prices.
You can find more details about the services offered by Cloud Service Center on https://www.sap.com/services/application-development.html . You can contact Cloud Service Center as follows:
- If you are a partner: please use firstname.lastname@example.org or the Partnerfinder.
- If you are a customer: please use the little blue box “Contact Us” shown on the very right hand side of https://www.sap.com/services/application-development.html, choose “Contact Us”, choose “Services”, choose “SAP Custom Development” and complete the page.
An alternative option may be to check the SAP Customer Influencer Site to submit an idea: https://influence.sap.com/SAPCloudforCustomer.
Closed Status; Dictionary; Tickets , KBA , LOD-CRM-SRP , Service Request Processing , How To