Long response times (3+ minutes) are experienced during various activities:
- Opening the F4 Search Help dialog (not restricted to any particular transaction).
- Launching a web-based client
- This list is not exhaustive, any action which interacts with Enterprise Search can lead to these symptoms
Tracing the issue using ST12 reveals the following call stack profile:
(To arrange the trace in this manner, click the Runtime Analysis On line and then the Time split hierarchy top-down button)
The important observations of this trace are:
- METHOD CL_ESH_RUBU_MEM=>GET_DATA is called once (or few times)
- METHOD CL_ESH_RUBU_MEM_MAIN=>GET_INSTANCE is called many times (compared to GET_DATA)
(which subsequently called the CONSTRUCTOR)
SAP NetWeaver software component:
SAP_BASIS 751 up to and including SP-level 06
SAP_BASIS 752 up to and including SP-level 02
CL_ESH_IF_MDATA_CONNECTOR=>CONSTRUCTOR ESH: Accesses to search-related metadata take takes a long time , KBA , BC-EIM-ESH , NetWeaver Enterprise Search , SV-PERF , Performance Problems , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.