- How to only allow ODBC connection?
- How to only show ODBC connection when creating a new report?
How to limit Crystal Reports designer to only show ODBC connection when creating a new report?
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a new report.
- In the Database Expert, it list many connections type, like: Oracle, ODBC, OLEDB, etc.
How to limit the choice to only show: ODBC?
- Modify Crystal Reports installation, and uncheck all connectivity options, except "ODBC"
- In MS Windows, go to Apps, and select "Apps & features"
- In the list of applications, select "Crystal Reports"
- Click on "Modify"
- In the "Crystal Reports" installation screen, select the language, and click "Next"
- On the next screen, expand the section: "Data Access"
- Uncheck all the options, except "ODBC"
- In the section "Integration Options", uncheck all the options.
- Click "Next"
CR , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , How To
SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2020