You create Supplier Invoice Items with Tax Code 13 [Imported Goods (Supplier Invoices)]. This Tax Code is mapped to Tax Event 200 [Imported Goods (Supplier Invoices)]. All tax amounts associated with this tax event are being routed to tax box 7 of the GB VAT Return. You create the VAT Return for Great Britain (GB) and notice that the amounts associated with tax event 200 appear in the Details tab of Tax Box 7. However, this figure does not impact the overall, total amount reported in Tax Box 7 in the Tax Return tab.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Pre-Condition: You created Supplier Invoice Items with Tax Code 13 (Import of Goods), mapped to Tax Event 200.
Go to the Tax Management work center.
- In the Periodic Tasks view navigate to the VAT Return runs subview.
- Press New and select Tax Return Run.
- Fill all the mandatory fields and then schedule the run to either start immediately or at a certain time.
- When the run has finished and the application log displays a Tax Return ID either click on this ID.
- Or navigate to the Tax Returns - VAT Returns view.
- Click on the ID of the respective VAT return. In the new screen press View All.
- Navigate to the Tax Return tab.
- Select the line of Tax Box 7 and take note of the Amount displayed here.
- Press on the Details button.
- You notice that the Base Amounts associated with Tax Event 200 do not impact the Amount displayed for Tax Box 7. You can verify this by calculating the base amounts of all displayed documents together and deduct the base amounts associated with tax event 200. The difference is the amount displayed in the Amount field of the Tax Return tab.
Tax Event 200 is not reported to Tax Box 7 as the event is a non-tax event. This means, the amount will not impact the figure in Tax Box 7. However, records/transactions with tax event 200/tax code 13 will still appear in the Details section of Tax Box 7 in the Tax Return tab.
This is expected system behavior, amounts related to tax event 200 are not added to the total amount displayed in the Amount field of Tax Box 7.
VAT return Great Britain, Tax Box 7, Tax Event 200, Difference Amount , KBA , SRD-FIN-GLO-TAX , GLO - Tax Declaration , How To