When I move a candidate to the Offer Status, I can generate and send a Offer Letter without passing through the Offer Approval process.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management:
- Offer Approval;
- Offer Letter;
Reproducing the Issue
- Move a candidate to the Offer status:
- Click in the candidate, and go to Take Actions -> Offer. Here you can see that the Offer Letter option appear, even if the Offer Approval process is not completed:
This occurs because this is how the system is designed. There is not validation if the Offer Approval process has been initiate/completed or not, it is up for the recruiting team to perform the approval prior to sending the Offer Letter.
The solution in this case, if you want the Offer Letter only to be available after the Offer Approval, is to do some modelation in your own process.
One of the options is to that by changing the Applicant Status Set, so you will need create a new status to differentiate, for example: Offer and Offer Letter.
- First thing to do is to add a new status. This needs to be done via provisioning, if you need further assistance on performing this action, check the article 2080952
- If you have one status named Offer, you can:
- You can just rename the status Offer to "Offer Approval" and create another one as "Offer Letter";
- Or you can leave the one Offer Status you have and just create another one for the offer letter;
- Now you just need to place the new status you created(Offer Letter) after the Offer or Offer Approval status, so the approval will happen before
- Now we need to set the permissions correctly.
- You need to download the Job Requisition Template
- Open and find the Offer Letter permission section. You will find that you have the feature permission for Offer Approval:
- Now you change the status on each one section accordingly to the changes you made to the Applicant Status Set:
Now, you can see that you are only able to create the Offer Letter in the Offer Letter status, and since the Offer Approval is first, you are going to perform the offer approval before generating the offer letter.
Offer Letter, Offer, Offer Approval, Applicant Status Set, Feature Permission, generated , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-CAO , Candidate Offers, Offer Letters , Problem