You experience issues using charts within a story in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC). This guide will help you identify possible root causes.
- SAP Analytics Cloud
Simplifying the chart is the best way to identify the root cause. Below are some steps/actions to try:
- Create a Table widget alongside the Chart using the exact same model, linked dimensions and structure as the Chart and verify if the values are refreshed.
- Explore the measures directly using the Data View to avoid interference of filters and other specific chart features.
Quick Win: Use the Controls tab to identify which story, page or widget filters are active.
- Copy the chart to a new canvas page (tab) and try to remove as much as you can the measures, dimensions and active filters.
Cause: This message is likely due to a problem with the underlying model(s) used in the story.
- If you have multiple models, test one by one using the Data View option.
- If you are using Live models, verify that the connection to the data source works as expected.
Cause: This message is displayed when the chart encounters an unexpected exception during rendering.
To speed up troubleshooting, capture the following information using Chrome Developer tools (F12 or CTRL+Shift+I using your keyboard):
- With Chrome Developer tools open, attempt to refresh the specific chart that fails.
- Expand the error being thrown and capture the entire stack trace.
- Attach these traces to the Product Support incident along with any data on the structure/formatting settings of the chart.
Cause: This behavior could be due to a multitude of reasons, but it's highly likely a component at a lower level (InA provider) has changed and now returns different data:
- Start with the first steps to troubleshoot.
- Identify if the artifact consumed has changed: Calculation View, CDS view, etc.
- Compare the data retrieved using other tools if possible: HANA Design studio, Lumira, etc.
Cause: The story was likely saved when the chart was in an error state.
- Refresh the story.
- Verify that all widgets are no longer in an error state.
- Re-save the story.
- SAP Analytics Cloud Best Practices Community Expert page
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- 2511489 - Troubleshooting performance issues in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Data Connections
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
chart, widget, bars, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics , KBA , LOD-ANA-DES , Story Design & Visualizations , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-BR , SAC Boardroom , How To