This article explains how to configure the Goal Comment field, and how the Goal Comment Notification is triggered.
You can now configure an e-mail notification to notify Employees and their Managers that someone has added a comment to the Employee’s Goal Plan.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Goal Management
The comment field in the v12 Goal Plan when used in conjunction with the switch for threaded feedback adds a comment section below a goal that supports the addition of as many comments as needed.
Users can now collapse or expand the layout and edit or delete their own comments, without the need to edit the goal to which they belong:
The comment field can be used without the switch for threaded feedback. However, in that case the field will share the column space available to all fields and comments cannot be added without editing the goal. The ability to edit and delete comments will also be unavailable.
The field “comments” has to be in the field definition, in the field permission and in the lay-out.
NOTE: The comments field cannot be enabled or disabled to be displayed via Display Options.
Goal Plan Configuration (For Partners)
The existing comment field in v12 goal plans now includes a new user interface//treatment that allows users to edit or delete their own comments.
This feature is universal if you have a comments field configured in the XML form template as shown here:
Make sure to set viewdefault="on" in the field-definition.
NOTE: The comment field is NOT visible in the goal when it is opened in edit mode. This is the correct and expected behavior.
Additional Configuration Steps
Enable Goal Management v12 in Provisioning. Make sure that you select "requires Version 12 UI framework (Revolution)"
Configure a new switch and turn it on in the goal plan template as shown here: <switches><switch for="threaded-feedback" value="on"/></switches>:
- Include write permission for comments field:
How the Goal Comment Notification works
- The Goal Comment Notification will be sent to the Employee and/or the Employee's Direct Manager when threaded feedback is added to a goal plan.
- If an Employee adds feedback to a goal plan, the Manager will receive a notification and vice versa.
- If a different role (e.g. Matrix Manager) adds feedback, then both Employee and Manager will receive a notification.
- Notifications are triggered immediately after the feedback is provided.
- The Goal Comment Notification will ONLY work if the threaded feedback switch is enabled in the goal plan XML template - see below for the correct configuration.
[[OBJ_RECIPIENT]], [[OBJ_SENDER]], [[OBJ_NAME]], [[OBJ-PLAN-NAME]], [[OBJ_COMMENT]],[[OBJ_COMMENT_HERE]]
- While configuring the e-mail notification, you can include [[OBJ_COMMENT]] as a token in the body of the template, so the recipients can read the comment directly in the e-mail.
- Please be advised that those using the [[OBJ_COMMENT]] token should check to ensure it does not conflict with data privacy and protection regulations in the EU, as the comment will exist in an email outside of the SuccessFactors system and therefore cannot be purged.
- [[OBJ_COMMENT_HERE]] is a link URL for user to access comment in system.
Please ensure that 'Enable HTML email notifications ' option is ticked in company system and logo setting. Otherwise, it will show as text.
Goal, Objective, Comment, Field, Email, Notification, Feedback, Threaded, Switch, received, triggered, b1805, OBJ_COMMENT, v12, UI , KBA , csg_q , LOD-SF-GM-EML , Emails, Notifications & Alerts , LOD-SF-GM , Goal Management , How To