It is possible to add blank row in the competitor facet of an opportunity.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales work center.
- Go to the Opportunities view.
- Search with the Opportunity ID XYZ (where XYZ represents the opportunity id) and open it.
- Go to the Competitors facet and click on the Add button.
- In the Competitor window which pop-up, click on Add without maintaining the value in the Name field .
You can see the blank row for the competitor is added and allow you to save it.
Since there is no mandatory field in the competitor window which pop-up, it allows to add a row .If you do not want to allow adding blank row, please set a field as mandatory within competitor window that pop-up.
Go to the Sales work center.
Go to the Opportunities view.
Search with the Opportunity ID XYZ and open it.
Click the user drop-down menu - > Start Adaptation.
Go to the Competitors facet and click Add.
- In the Competitor selection pop-up window, select the section.
Select a field, for e.g. Name or Role.
Click 'Value' to navigate to the field properties.
Set the check-box for Mandatory.
- Click the user drop-down menu - > End Adaptation.
Now you will not be able to add blank row for Competitor, until the value within field Name is not maintain within competitor window which pop-up.
KBA 2591613 You Can Save Sales Opportunity with Blank Rows Objects
Opportunity, Competitor facet, blank row , KBA , adaptation , competitor name mandatory , edit master layout , LOD-CRM-MKT-CP , Competitor Products , LOD-CRM-OPP , Opportunity Management , LOD-CRM-CMP , Competitor , How To