The option "Create New Version" is not available in Surveys.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Surveys work center.
Go to the Surveys view.
Open Survey 123 (where 123 is Survey ID) whose status is In Preparation.
Click the Actions button.
The "Create New Version" option is not available.
This is because Survey Versioning is not scoped in your system.
Follow the below mentioned steps to scope Survey Versioning:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Implementation Projects view.
- Click Edit Project Scope.
- Navigate to the Questions tab.
- Expand Sales --> Account and Activity Management.
- Select Activity Management.
- Make sure the Question 'Do you want to enable versioning in Survey?' is checked and reviewed.
- Click Next and Finish the scoping changes.
NOTE: When you are using versioning, status 'Activate' can no longer go back to 'In Preparation'.
Once you have activated the survey version, you only have the options to set it as 'Obsolete' or 'Create Version'.
However, you can go back to using an old version.
Only one version at a time can be active.
If you have one version 'In Preparation', you cannot create a new version. This is, because the one you have 'In Preparation' counts as this already.
You cannot have two same versions subsequently > there has to be a change.
You cannot change the question type for already existing questions coming from a previous survey version (this might lead to inconsistencies).
New questions can be of any type.
Survey, versions, versioning , KBA , version , survey actions , LOD-LE-SUR-DEF , Survey definition = design time , LOD-LE-SUR-EXE , Survey execution = runtime , Problem