System displays an error message 'Ship to location is not within the receiving site' while you are performing Post Goods Receipt.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Inbound Logistic work center.
- Select Purchase Order sub view.
- Choose Open Purchase Orders from the Show field.
- Enter the Purchase Order ID.
- Select the Purchase Order and click on Post Goods Receipt.
- System displays an error message: 'Ship to location is not within the receiving site'.
In the Supply Chain Design Master Data the Logistic Use for the affected Logistics Area was not maintained, therefore system throws this error message.
The system will also display this error if you try to change the Ship-To Location to a different Site order than the one maintained in the Purchase Order.
- Go to Supply Chain Master Data Work Center.
- Choose Locations.
- Select the affected Site/Location ID.
- Click on Edit layout.
- Select the Logistics Area ID.
- Under General tab maintain Logistics Use as per your Business scenario.
2410818 - Cannot Create Notification; Items Have Different Ship-to Locations
ship to, location, not, within, receiving site, error, post, goods, receipt, logistics use, change , KBA , error , ship to , location , not within , receiving site , post , goods , receipt , logistics use , AP-IDP , Inbound Delivery Processing , AP-IDP-IDR , Inbound Delivery Request , Problem