Under the scenario below, temp buffers could be not released:
- Run a query several time in the same connection sesssion an monitor the temp cache usage with: select name, value from sp_iqstatus() where name like ' Temporary IQ Buffers:';
You see the "Temporary IQ Buffers Used and Locked" numbers increase, execution after excution of the query
- When "Temporary IQ Buffers Used" number is closed to -iqtc, the numbers will plateau
- Open a 2nd connection and run the same query a few times, you will start seeing "Insufficient buffers for sort" error
- Exit from connections 1 and 2
- Open a new connection and run again: select name, value from sp_iqstatus() where name like ' Temporary IQ Buffers:';
You will see the same plateau numbers as before, the temp buffers are not released
- Only recycling IQ will free the temp buffers
SAP IQ 16.0
CR815322 ; CR3#815322 ; 815322 ; -iqtc ; iqtc ; locked ; used ; blocks ; temporary ; reboot ; recycle ; recycling ; , KBA , BC-SYB-IQ , Sybase IQ , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.