You have created several Production Bill of Materials which have Input Products with Decimal Quantity. However, if you open the 'Multi-Level BoM Structure' screen, quantities are displayed incorrectly. You therefore would like to have an explanation of this quantity mismatch between the Input Product screen and the Multi-Level Structure view of the Bill Of Materials (BoM).
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the WorkCenter Planning and Production Master Data.
Select the Production Bill Of Materials view.
- Show 'All Production Bills of Material by Selection' and find the relevant Production BoM.
- Select the BoM and click the Edit button.
- Go to the Input Products tab if you are not there by default.
- You can see the Quantity of the relevant Input Material is displayed in Decimals.
- Now go back to the Production Bill Of Materials view, and choose Multi-Level Structure.
- Click on the Expand button and select Expand All.
Here you see the Quantity of Input Material is rounded up to a whole non-decimal value.
- You expect the system to display the same value in both screens.
In the 'Multi-Level BoM Structure' screen, quantities are displayed based on the 'Display Decimals' setting of the corresponding Unit of Measure (UoM). This setting is defined in the 'Fine Tuning' activity in 'Business Configuration'. The name of this fine tuning activity is 'Quantities and Units of Measure'.
You have to maintain the values for 'Display Decimals' setting of the corresponding Unit of Measure (UoM) in 'Business Configuration' under the fine tuning activity 'Quantities and Units of Measure'. To do that, kindly follow the below steps:
- Go to the Business Configuration workcenter.
- Select the Overview view.
- Show Activities and Find Quantities and Units of Measure.
- Select Change Immediately.
- Select Create and Maintain Trading Units.
- Select the relevant Unit and enter the value for Display Decimals Value as per the Business requirement.
- Save and Close.
Note: You may have to log out of the system for the changes to take effect!
UoM, Display Decimals, Multi-Level Structure, BoM, Bill of Materials, Quantities and Units of Measure, Input Product , KBA , AP-PMM-BOM , Production Bill of Material , Problem