There are several different signs/symptoms that may indicate an inadequitely configured table buffer or poorly configured buffer settings for particular tables.SAP NetWeaver Application Server for ABAPSAP NetWeaver Application Server for ABAP
In case the problems below are noticed in your system, the troubleshooting steps are generally the same; see Assessing the health of the table buffer.
- Runtimes of dialog/background steps are better on certain application servers
- Runtimes of dialog/background steps are better after a restart
- Many Database activity in workprocess monitors are showing delays (SM50/SM66)
- In the SQL summary of ST12 traces there is significant time spent on tables that have buffering turned on
- Buffer refresh statements in performance traces (ST05)
SAP NetWeaver Application Server for ABAP
Performance issue ST02 Table Buffer ST10 SE11 memory management overall performance swaps buffer invalidation Abap processor requests changes , KBA , SV-PERF , Performance Problems , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.