The aim of this KBA is to inform customers using the SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence Java Viewer (i.e. Java Applet) on the consequences of using it with the JRE 8 and JRE 9 from ORACLE.
- Oracle stops public support for JRE 8 by Jan 2019 (no further updates on public download sites for commercial use).
- Individuals requiring Java SE for non-corporate desktop use will receive updates until at least Dec 2020: Oracle Java SE Support Roadmap
- Commercial updates will be available until 2025: Faster and Easier Use and Redistribution of Java SE
Successor JDK 9 / JRE 9:
- JDK 9 / JRE 9 does not support 32 bit systems.
- JDK 9 / JRE 9 does not support Applets, except for IE and Safari: Oracle JDK 9 and JRE 9 Certified System Configurations
- IE currently has an issue causing applets not to work: 64-bit Java Plugin Incompatible With 64-bit Internet Explorer 10 or 11
As a result of all this, the SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence Java Viewer (i.e. Java Applet) will not work with most Java 9 platforms.
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platfrom 4.x
- SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence Java Viewer (i.e. Java Applet)
- Oracle Java 8 (JRE 8)
- Oracle Java 9 (JRE 9)
sap bi, bo, businessobjects, web intelligence, webi, java, applet, roadmap, support, strategy, oracle, jdk, jdk8, jdk9, jre, jre8, jre9, ie, internet explorer, safari, dhtml, html, parity , KBA , BI-RA-WBI , Web Intelligence , BI-RA-WBI-FE-JAV , Java Front End , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.