You are trying to do Adjustment Confirmation for an inbound delivery ID but the system throws the error message :
Negative Stock not permitted in logistics area XXX, material YYY.
SAP Business Bydesign All Versions
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Inbound Logistics work center.
- Select the Monitoring view and the By Warehouse Order sub view.
- In the Show field, choose All Warehouse Orders and search for the warehouse order XXX (XXX stands for warehouse order ID).
- Edit the Warehouse order XXX, on the screen choose the Adjustment Confirmation button.
- Select the Enable Entry button.
- In the quantity field fill in the quantity with a minus sign.
- Later select the Save button and system throws the error.
The error occurs as there is not enough stock available in the Source Logistics area YYY (YYY stands for source logistics area ID)and the Negative Stock Allowed flag is not checked for the logistics area in the location layout.
In case if you want to further allow the negative stock in the inventory you can enable the option Negative stock enabled at Site/locationand the logistics area level using the following steps:
- Go to the Supply Chain Design Master data work center.
- Select the Locations view.
- Search for the Site/Location ZZZ (ZZZ stands for Site/Location ID).
- Then choose Edit button. A window opens.
- Check the box for Negative Stock Allowed and save it.
- Now select the Edit Layout button.
- Select the logistics area YYY and check the box for Negative Stock Allowed.
- Then proceed with doing the Adjustment Confirmation, it will take the negative stock in the inventory.
Adjustment Confirmation, Negative Stock , KBA , AP-IDP , Inbound Delivery Processing , How To