Users are not able to remove the assigned Task Observer when it is assigned by an Admin via the "Assign Task Observer" Tool.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Reproducing the Issue
- As an admin, assign an Item with a Task to a user
- On the admin side, go to Users > Tools > Assign Task Observers
- Assign an observer for the user
- When the User logs in his/her learning plan, he/she is unable to remove the assigned Task Observer
Note: this does not happen when the Task Observer is requested by the User himself/herself.
- It is always a rule of thumb that Users cannot override the action done by an Admin.
- Since the task observer was assigned by an admin, the user cannot override this.
- There is no way on the Admin side to remove a Task Observer. They can only add; however, if they want another person to be a Task Observer, the Admin can just assign another Task Observer to the User.
- When the "new" Task Observer has recorded learning for the User, then the pending observation on the "previous" Task Observer will disappear because it has already been done by the "new" Task Observer.
sf, success factors, LMS, Assign Task Observer, Tool, Remove, User cannot remove task observer , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-COR , LMS Core - Items, Catalog, Curricula , LOD-SF-LMS-ADM , System Admin, Global Variables, References , Problem
SAP SuccessFactors Learning all versions