When attempting to use the Merge Users tool, the following validation error is presented:
- You cannot merge from User [ID] because this user has pending approvals that must be approved or denied prior to the merge. Please close out all pending approvals then try the merge again.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to People > Merge Users
- Search for the users that will be merged
- Proceed with the merge and see the validation error
- However if you check on the User record, there are no pending approvals.
- Go to System Administration > Automatic Processes > Deny Expired Approval Processes
- Enable the Automatic Process and run the job
- Merge the Users
unable to merge users, error merging, validation error when merging users, merge user account , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-ADM , System Admin, Global Variables, References , Problem