"Unable to retrieve data from data source" error when connecting to a live BW or live BW/4HANA data source in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC).
- SAP Analytics Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a story using a Live BW Data Connection.
- Add two or more charts or tables.
- Observe that the charts or tables may load intermittently upon refresh.
SAP Analytics Cloud will load data from BW sequentially (default setting) and if more than one chart or table exists within a story, a timeout may occur before data can be acquired.
Go to System - Administration and change the following setting to 12;
"Number of parallel sessions for BW data sources (values above 12 will be ignored)"
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-BR , SAC Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAC Predictive , Problem