You are not able to add attachment in a sales quote, since the Add button under Attachments tab greyed out.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Sales work center.
- Go to Sales Quote work center view.
- Open Sales Quote XYZ and navigate to Attachments tab (XYZ represents the Quote ID).
- Find the Add button greyed out under Attachments tab.
Basically the changeability (ability to add an attachment) of sales quote depends on the changeability of the document itself.
If a quote is in approval, in data exchange, completed, etc. , it is not changeable (beside some fields like e.g. the approval status itself) which prevent changes on the document.
- System will not allow user to attach any document/link, once the document has been sent for approval. Since then quote is in a state where it's awaiting a confirmation message and therefore cannot be changed. And that is also the reason not only attachments cannot be added, but also many other fields cannot be changed.
- For a quote that with status Approved（quote has been approved by the respective managers), you find the Add attachment button still grey out. For such case, you may find alarm message shown in the document, such as “Creation of external follow-up document requested. Waiting for the confirmation”.This means it is still awaiting a confirmation (in external system), thus not able to be changed.
This is system standard behavior.
If you would like to add attachment regardless the approval status, this would be a new requirement.
You can submit this request in SAP Influence Site(https://influence.sap.com/SAPCloudforCustomer).
The enforceability would be based on the vote from other users and the judgment from product management team.
You can also check with the SAP Innovative Business Solutions team to verify if they can adapt your system specifically to your requirements.
You can find more details about the services offered by SAP Innovative Business Solutions on https://www.sap.com/services/advisory-development/application-development.html.
You can contact SAP Innovative Business Solutions team as follows:
- If you are a partner: please use the Partnerfinder
- If you are a customer: please use the little blue box “Contact Us” shown on the very right hand side of https://www.sap.com/services/application-development.html, choose “Contact Us”, choose “Services”, choose “Innovation and Advisory Services” and submit the form or reach out to your Account Executive.
2540377 - FAQ for Sales Quotes
add attachment;grey out;sales quote;in approval; , KBA , LOD-LE-CQP , Customer Quote Processing , How To