On navigating to an employee's time sheet week, an error occurs as 'In the external time on <YYYY-MM-DD> either no hours have been entered or the entry is zero'.
Successfactors - Employee Central Time Sheet
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to an employee's Time Sheet Week
- An error occurs as 'In the external time on <YYYY-MM-DD> either no hours have been entered or the entry is zero'.
- This is an expected error when there is one or more external time record for this employee where the number of hours is set to zero. Empty time sheets without time sheet entries are allowed to be submitted, but time sheet entries with zero hours (in external time records) are not allowed and therefore, it should not be saved in the system. Refer KBA 2634254: Can External Time Record with Zero Value Be Imported?
- In order to identify the same, Navigate to Admin Center -> Import and Export data.
- Export the 'External Time Record-External Time Segment'.(Set Include Dependencies as 'No').
- Open the exported file -> filter based on the 'user id' and 'Number of Hours' column with zero hours recorded.
- Either manually or via import, set the Numer of Hours with a non-zero value -> Save.
- The daily job 'Time Sheet Import External Times' will pick up the record and correct the time sheet entry.
- Set value of the field in the external Time Record 'Delete this External Time Record' to 'Yes'.
- The daily job 'Time Sheet Import External Times' will pick up the record and delete this entry.
In the external time on either no hours have been entered or the entry is zero Time Sheet External Time Record , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-TMS , Time Sheet , Problem