- Why does the system allow step approvers (but not the final approver) to approve a workflow when there is a missing value for a required field?
- When does the system validate missing data for required fields when there is workflow with multiple step approvers?
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Cloud
- Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a required field
- Make a data change, leaving the required field empty, that will trigger a workflow with multiple step approvers
- Each Step approver, with the expection of the final step approver can approve the workflow, even though the required field does not have a value present
- This is expected system behavior
- The System will only validate the values when the system attempts to write the data to the database
- This means that the system will only validate the fields data on the last approver step
- If there is only one step approver, the data will validate on that step approvers action
- During other approver steps, the values in each field are considered transient data, as they have not been written to the database yet
validation, workflow, mutliple step approvers, SFEC, SFSF, SF EC, success factors, EmpCentrl , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-WFL , Workflows - Configuration, Tools, Objects & Rules , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , How To