- When should I use a Workflow Tag vs a Placeholder?
- Whats the Difference between a Placeholder and a Tag?
- Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Cloud
- Employee Central
- Best Practices share that if there is a hardcoded Tag available to use in the system, you should use the Tag instead of creating a custom Placeholder
- For setting up the Template, you can follow these guidelines
- For setting up the mapping, you can see from the example above how I set up the mapping for each placeholder and tag
Limitations and Important Notes:
- Data that needs to be approved cannot be mapped into an email
- Since there is not a subject user for foundation object workflows, only the workflow and generic tags are supported
- For foundation objects, the system cannot derive the localized name
- For New Hires:
- Since there is no saved master data for this employee, Only Workflow tags and Generic tags are supported for use in a New Hire Workflow
- For Rehires:
- Since there is saved master data (because this user is a rehire) - Placeholders, Tags, and Generic Tags are Possible and supported for use within workflows
- For Object-Based MDF workflows:
- Since there is no Subject User (for example a position workflow), Only Workflow Tags and Generic Tags are supported for these types of workflows
- If there are any rules mapping the tags, the system is unable to derive a value for the email notification.
- If there is a rule that uses Mapping to populate a value for the Tag for an HRIS element (such as Job Info), these tags mapped by rules will get reflected in the email notification.
SFEC, SFSF, SF EC, EmpCentrl, success factors, placeholder, Workflow, Email Template, Custom Emails, DocGen, Doc Gen, WFL Tags , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-WFL , Workflows - Configuration, Tools, Objects & Rules , LOD-SF-EC-DOC , Document Generation , Problem