What are the values that will be stored in standard field 'creationSource' under Position object?
Employee Central - Position Management
Reproducing the Issue
- Add a standard field (Enum) for Position object, which indicates of the source of creation.
- This could be for example Operational Workforce Planning, Position Transfer oder Mass Copy form Position OrgChart.
- The field is invisible by default and the field is not set for new Positions created in Position Org Chart or via 'Manage Data' or 'Manage Position'.
- Adding this field to Position object allows OWP to select only those Positions for reporting purposes that are created by Operational Headcount Planning. So, customers can differentiate, whether a Position is being created based on a plan versus 'off cycle' in Position Management.
- Customers can create rules specifying a special workflow for Positions coming from a plan versus Positions created directly in Position Org Chart.
A standard ENUM field is provided under Position object definition which can be used to check how a Position got created.
ENUM valid values source = com.successfactors.positioncommon.api.data.PositionCreationSource
Valid Values are defined in enum PositionCreationSource - valid values are
Test cases checked while releasing this funtionality:
Scenario- Source of Creation Field value updated:
- Position Reclassification: Position Reclassification
- Position Copy from Position Org Chart: Mass Copy from Position Orgchart
- Add New Position from Position Org Chart: No Selection (Cannot determine/distinguish the source of creation)
- Manage Position: No Selection (Cannot determine/distinguish the source of creation)
- Import Position: Import
- Position Transfer: Position Transfer
CreationSource, position creation, source of position, create position , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-POS , Position Management , Problem