It is not possible to change the project coding mask configuration on production system.
When trying to configure a two character project key, system issues an error message "Key is too long. Key cannot exceed 1 places" message no. CJ604. When Execute function is performed, system issues error message “You are not authorized to use transaction OPSK”.
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Open the APP "Manage you solution" and navigate to the following path:
Application Area: Enterprise Portfolio & Project Management
Sub Application Area: Project Financials Control
- There is no Configuration Step: Project Coding Mask
- SSCUI 102881 "Define Project Coding mask".
- Try to enter more than one character as project id (key).
- System issue message error mesage "Key is too long. Key cannot exceed 1 places" message no. CJ604.
- Select 'View details' to view the long text of the error message.
- Then click option 'Execute function' under Procedure.
- System issues error message “You are not authorized to use transaction OPSK”.
This is the expected behaviour in relation to this process.
The SSCUI for "Define Project Coding mask" is not available on production system. You must execute the configuration on a non-production system and transport it to your production system.
Checking the available SSCUI and expert configuration shows that there is no customizing available that permits changes of special characters in project number (such as the length of project key) hence this is why the system correctly issues message “You are not authorized to use transaction OPSK”.
coding mask, 1NT, Manage your solution, SSCUI, Configure your solution, Manage your solution, OPSK, OPSJ, 2-characters, CJ 604, PrjID, define , KBA , PS-ST , Structures , PS-FIO-STR , Fiori UI for Project Systems-Structures , How To