- Is there anyway to restrict duplicate workflow for transfer process if one workflow has already been initiated?
- If one transfer process is initiated in the system, it is further allowing to initiate another transfer process which we do not want to allow?
- How does the system handle more than one workflow being triggered for the same employee on the same effective when two different user make the same data change?
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Cloud
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- Manager A makes a Job Info Data Change for Employee Y
- The system executes the business rules and this data change triggers a pending Workflow with approvers (Workflow 1)
- The system will produce a deep link on the users profile to indicate that there are pending future changes for the employee
- Manager B triggers a Job Info Data Change for Employee Y
- this Data change updates the same fields and values as represented in Workflow 1
- This is expected system behavior
- There is no way to restrict a duplicate workflow from being triggered for the exact same data change
- We allow users to manipulate the system to allow for multiple workflows to be triggered for the same effective date
- The workflows can be made for the same data values or different fields/values
- The workflows can be triggered due to different user data imput/changes
- It is possible to have multiple workflows for an employee, for the same record as long as the previous record has not been approved
- Both changes were attempts to change the same field with the same value:
- Workflow 1 > Change Department from “Information Technology” to “Engineering”
- Workflow 2 > Change Department from “Information Technology” to “Engineering”
- These were made by 2 separate people.
- If Workflow 1 gets approved first. The workflow details will show the fields and items that were edited.
- After Workflow 1 is approved, if the User attempts to approve Workflow 2 > the fields will not produce a value in the workflow details page
- The reason for this is because the current value is already the same as what was supposed to be in the workflow.
- The system will only compare the values in the workflow to the database value during the last step approver action of a workflow
- If the current value is already the same as that of the workflow, the value will not display in the workflow details page
- Upon approval of Workflow 2 > This will create a new entry in the Job Information History for the same effective date
- There will be no data changes in this new entry as the value is already represented in the previous change and is the current value represented in the corresponding field
- The same system logic would be true if workflow 2 was triggered prior to Workflow 1
Exceptions: The only time that the system will conduct a check to see if there is an active workflow for a subject user is in the following scenarios
- Termination Workflows
- The system will not allow you to trigger multiple workflows for a user who is in process of being terminated but the workflow has not yet been approved.
- If there is an active workflow for an non effective dated MDF Object, the system will not even let you make any changes to the MDF Object until after the workflow is approved for that object (at the object level).
For Duplicate workflows:
- After admin find and approved one workflow out of duplicate ones. The other workflows needs to be rejected/cancelled manually by the admin using "Manage Workflow Requests" Page.
- Currently there is no automation for identifying or removing duplicate workflows.
workflows, mdf, termination workflow, SFSF, SF EC, SFEC, emplcentrl, wfl, multi-workflow same effective date, MDFObject, success factors , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-WFL , Workflows - Configuration, Tools, Objects & Rules , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , How To