- On SAP systems running on SAP ASE, queries involving large result sets may be very slow and may not complete.
- On SAP BW systems, affected jobs are Infoprovider loads from DSOs or Infocubes
- Required BW/ASE configuration is set per SAP Note 1680803
- Required latest version of the BW Correction Collection note is implemented (see related SAP Basis Note numbers in the "See Also" section below)
- The offending slow query has limited filter criteria but the entire table is scanned during query processing.
- In the sp_sp/sp_showplan output for a running spid, the abstract plan shows the "group_hashing" criteria is being used
- The showplan output indicates the following:
| |HASH VECTOR AGGREGATE Operator (VA = 5)
| | GROUP BY
| | Evaluate Grouped SUM OR AVERAGE AGGREGATE.
| | Using Worktable2 for internal storage.
| | Key Count: 10
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Suite
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Warehouse
- SAP NetWeaver (all releases)
SAP Supply Chain Management 7.0
group_hashing, group hashing , DSO, Infoprovider, "Data Load", slow, hang, 811933, CR 811933 , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , BW-SYS-DB-SYB , BW on Adaptive Server Enterprise , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.