How can time sheet records be imported?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central - Time Sheet
Currently, you can only import time data into the time sheets of employees with the following time recording attributes(In Manage Data -> Time Recording Profile):
● Time Recording Variant: Duration or Clock Time &
● Time Recording Method: Positive
It can be imported using the object 'External Time Data'. The steps below shows how a Time sheet data based on clock times can be imported:
- The Time Recording Profile is configured with the Time Recording Variant 'Clock Time'.
- The Time Sheet UI of the employee to whom the Time Recording profile is assigned.
- Navigate to Manage Data and Create new 'External Time Data' as the image below:
NOTE: You should enter a value in either 'Number of hours' or 'Start Time' & 'End Time' and not both. To decide on this:
- Check the value of the 'Time recording Variant' field in the Job Information portlet of the related employee (i.e the employee entered in the User field)
- If the value is 'Duration', then provide a value in the 'Number of hours' field and keep the 'Start Time' and 'End Time' as empty.
- If the value is 'Clock time', then provide values in the 'Start Time' and 'End Time' fields and keep the 'Number of hours' field as empty.
- On save you'll see that the status of the External Time Data will be 'New':
- The external time data will be imported/processed instantaneously(If the Instant import is not disabled. Refer KBA 2854180 - 1911 Time Sheet Enhancement : Instant Import Of External Time Data).If the Instant import is disabled,then the Time Sheet Import Job(In Provisioning) which is already running daily, will pick up the record and import the data. If Time Sheet Import job is not scheduled, you may need your implementation partner's help to set up the job.
- At the end you can see that the Clock time based time sheet is entered for the particular start date.
- Finally, the status of the External Time Data will be set to 'Processed'.
- External time data is meant for import of new time sheets, i.e if you import external time data in the same day of an already existing manual record, this will cause time sheet collision;
- You can record both duration based as well as clock time based time sheets using the 'External Time Data' object (External Time Record object is only for Duration based time sheets)
- You can also import the object using the import template 'External Time Data'. (NOTE: External Code is not a mandatory field in the import file. If kept empty, system will generate a cod automatically on import).
- Overtime recording(i.e Time Recording Method is 'Overtime') is still not supported for External Time Data Import. Refer KBA 2882091 - How To Import Time Sheet Data For Overtime Time Recording Method?
- This is currently only supported for Positive time records.(i.e Time Recording Method is 'Positive').
For additional information, please refer to Set Up Import of External Time Data into Payroll Time Sheet.
Time Sheet Import Clock Time External Time Data External Time Record TIM-4108 Positive Overtime Collision , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-TMS , Time Sheet , How To