Sickness handling in combination with payroll is a very country specific topic.
Payroll needs for correct payment (after some time in many countries the employees salary for a longer term illness is paid by the health insurance) or for payroll follow up processes.
So, for payroll reasons some specific actions need to be done in time management with respect to illness records and some additional information recorded.
One of this actions is the “linking” of illness absences. This is done in Germany, Spain and other european countries, and now Columbia with the b1808 release.
This bracket has the meaning that these illness records belong together, for example due to the fact that these linked illnesses all share the same “cause”.
Steps on how to configure this are in our Country-Specific Features in Employee Central Time Off Guide
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
Employee Central, Time Off
How to link sickness absences for Colombia:
- With your configuration done, you can now create absence requests based on this object. To do this, go the employee's public profile and choose Administer Time.
- On the Time Records tab > Choose New Absence.
- This brings up the New Absence window for the employee.
- With your entries made, choose Link additional absence
5. In the resulting screen, make the following entries:
At this time, only Identical is available.
Use the dropdown to display absences with type Sickness and choose the one you require
6. Now you can see on the workbench the absences are linked:
7. The employee time group is then created automatically:
- This is only supported in PP3 UI
- It is not possible to link absences in Time Off ESS - only admins and managers can do this action from the workbench UI.
Linking absence, sickness colombia , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-TIM , Time Off , Problem