You are checking the labor information of time entries maintained in the system and notice that the Purchase Order field is missing for some employees, even if the time type/project task used is the same.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Time Administration work center
- Locate and select the relevant employee.
- Click Edit.
- Navigate to the Employee Times tab.
- Select the relevant time entry.
- Under Details, navigate to tab Labor Information.
- The Purchase Order field is missing.
The relevant employee is exclusively an internal employee. Only service agents are billable by purchase orders — hence, only service agents or employees who are also service agents will have the Purchase Order field shown under the Labor Information for their time entries.
This is the standard system behavior.
If you wish to make the relevant employee a service agent as well, so that they are also billable by purchase orders, please follow the below instructions:
- Go to Business Partner Data work center.
- Access the Business Partners work center view.
- Search for the relevant employee.
- Select the record and click Create As, then select Service Agent.
labor information, purchase order, field, missing, employee, service agent, time recording , KBA , SRD-HR-TLM , Time and Labour Management , How To