This document has been created to provide a demonstration of the 'Replace' functionality in Integration Center's Complex Calculation Functionality.
This is applicable to the below listed features / functionalities:
- Calculated Fields
- Calculated Filters
- Calculated Filename
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- Integration Center
Reproducing the Issue
- Create an integration in Integration Center
- Extract data from SuccessFactors / Input data from external source (e.g. .csv file on SFTP) (i.e. Outbound Inbound Jobs)
- Extract the desired data from SuccessFactors to meet your output requirements (Outbound Job)
- Input the desired data to SuccessFactors to meet your input requirements (Inbound Job)
- You observe that some of the field data does not meet your input / output requirements (e.g. format / content of field / filter / filename must be altered)
The cause of such issues is usually the way in which data is maintained within different systems
Below you will find an example highlighting the usage of the Replace operation in Integration Center's Calculated Fields / Filters / Filenames features
We can use the square brackets [ ] to isolate the value which we would like to alter / replace (optional - depends on use-case)
Once isolated, we input the required change in the 'Text To Insert' input box to alter / replace the isolated value
The below example shows the usage of 'Replace' in a Calculated Field of an outbound integration:
Requirement: Change delimiter / separator in FTE value stored in job_information (EmpJob) from '.' to ','
FTE, Comma, Delimit, Period, Integration Center, Replace, Calculated Field, Calculated Filter, Calculated Filename , KBA , LOD-SF-INT-INC , Integration Center , How To