- After ASE upgrade, XP server hangs without responding all requests.
- Any command issued to XP server returns error like below:
1> xp_cmdshell 'ls'
Msg 11496, Level 16, State 7
Server 'xxx', Procedure 'xp_cmdshell', Line 8
Cannot read from site 'xxx_XP'. Please check the XP Server error log file for detailed error description.
(return status = -6)
Msg 7212, Level 11, State 2
Server 'xxx', Line 1
Can't close connection 2 on site 'xxx_XP' because it is not active.
- However, XP server appears to be running by checking the OS process
- XP log may print the error below, but the environment variables are pointing to the correct lib path.
CS-Library error Layer(1) Origin(4) Sev(6) 10 - comn_cryptolib_load(): user api layer: internal common library error: Failed to load library '%1!'.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 SP03 PL4
XP server, Msg 11496, Msg 7212, xp_cmdshell, upgrade , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-SYB-ASE-CE , ASE Cluster Edition (Standalone) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.