After uploading a custom solution in the Cloud Applications Studio, the activation fails with the below error:
- Failed to activate items of type ReferencestoCustomer-SpecificFields
- Field MyField1 at business object BO, node NODE does not exist (where MyField1 is a KUT extension field name; BO is the Business Object and NODE is the node name)
- Error when processing class /EXT/CL_PDI_REF_LIFE_CYCLE of component BC-DWB-REP-EXT
- SAP Cloud Applications Studio
- SAP Business ByDesign
- SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Login to SAP Cloud Applications Studio(SDK) of the affected tenant.
- Upload the solution .zip file.
- Perform solution Activation once the solution upload is successful.
- Solution activation fails with below error messages.
This error message occurs when you have key user extension fields (e.g. MyField1) created via adaptation mode in your source tenant, but not in the target tenant.
And the same extension field (e.g. MyField1) is used in your PDI solution.
You would need to create the extension field on the target tenant, the same way it was created in the source tenant.
Or, you can move the field from one tenant to the other using the Transport Management functionality.
Once this is done, you can activate the solution in the target tenant.
PDI, SDK, C4C, BYD, Activation, Failed, Error, when, Specific, Fields, References, Customer , KBA , custom solution , deployment error , BC-DWB-REP-EXT , Extensibility , AP-RC-BDS-LM , ByDesign Studio Lifecycle Management , How To