- You are using Software Update Manager (SUM) to perform a system upgrade.
- Your system has additional application server (AAS) on top of your primary application server (PAS).
- The <sid>adm password between these systems are different.
- During the INSTANCELIST_PRE phase, you can only provide one password in the dialog.
- Error is shown in the SAPup.ECO file:
EXECUTING /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/run/sapcontrol -host <host1> -nr <instance number> -queryuser -function AccessCheck Start
EXECUTING /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/run/sapcontrol -host <host2> -nr <instance number> -queryuser -function AccessCheck Start
FAIL: Invalid Credentials
SAPup> Process with PID <pid> terminated with status 1 at <timestamp>!
SAP ERP 6.0
KBA , BC-UPG-TLS-TLA , Upgrade tools for ABAP , BC-INS-SWPM , Installation with Software Provisioning Manager , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.