- How to identify if Onboarding uses DocuSign eSignature Remote Signing feature?
- How to verify if Onboarding is enabled with DocuSign eSignature Outside Signing functionality?
- Cannot use Remote signing with ClickToSign
- Can use Embedded signing with ClickToSign
- Form not appearing on the New Employee Step Print Package
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding 1.0
Active DocuSign eSignature Outside Signing
To confirm if Onboarding is enabled with remote signing functionality, please follow the steps below.
- Login to SAP SuccessFactors HCM and navigate to Onboarding
- In Onboarding, click the sub-menu and select Settings
- After Settings page is loaded successfully, click Features tab
- Find and click DocuSign eSignature under Misc section
- In DocuSign eSignature settings, if feature is activated and Add Outside Signing Support is set to "Yes", this means Remote Signing functionaility is enabled when signing PDF forms
DocuSign eSignature Remote Signing View
When Outside Signing is enabled, New Hire that needs to sign will receive an e-mail instructing them on how to sign their forms. See reference image below.
- When remote signing is enabled, the print package disabled.
- DocuSign with Outside Signing is an all-in solution and cannot mix signature types(ClickToSign), unless it is using embedded signing(Add outside signing is set to 'No').
- All signed documents and documents configured for the print package are viewable directly in DocuSign
- If you have DocuSign with Remote Signing enabled, new hires and managers can complete the New Employee Step using an iPad, iPhone (iOS 9 or higher and Mobile Safari web browser) and Android devices with Android version 4.1 and higher, and Google Chrome as the default browser
- Forms will be signed after the last step. For example, if the new hire is supposed to sign a form after the New Employe Step, and the manager signs the form after the Orientation Step, the DocuSign form displays after the Orientation Step for both signers
For Customer System Admin who would like to understand DocuSign eSignature kindly review SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding Administration Guide: How to Enable DocuSign for Onboarding
Help the Knowledge Base Community
- Any feedback with this KBA? Please rate this article 1 star is the lowest and 5 is the highest, you may also add constructive feedback to help improve our KBAs.
- Have a concern with this KBA or found dead links? Please reach out to SAP SuccessFactors Cloud Product Support in SAP One Support Launchpad via SAP Expert Chat or Support Incident and we are ready to assist you. Kindly provide the following information.
- KBA Article being reported
- The concern with the KBA
SAP SuccessFactors, Onboarding, DocuSign, eSignature, Configuration, Expected Behavior, Single, One, Multiple, Many, More, Outside, Signing, Remote, email, e-mail, gmail, PDF, Form, OS, Orientation, NES, New employee Step, print package , KBA , LOD-SF-OBD-DSN , DocuSign , How To