- Affects SAP IQ databases containing a large number of table and/or procedure objects.
- After running a sp_iqcheckdb consistency check on all or most of the objects in a database, the server shutdown takes considerably longer and may even appear to be hung.
- In the iqmsg file you can see the final checkpoint and close database messages but the server process remains active , even clocking up small amounts of CPU usage.
I. 06/30 13:52:53. 0000173296 Chk
I. 06/30 13:53:00. 0000173296 ChkDone [NumTxnCP: 0]
I. 06/30 13:53:06. 0000173296 PostChk
I. 06/30 13:53:06. 0000000000 CloseDatabase
- If left alone the server process eventually terminates and the shutdown completes , in the srv server log a long delay can be seen between the DBSTOP and the eventual Database server stopped message.
I. 06/30 13:52:53. Database server shutdown requested by DBSTOP
I. 06/30 13:53:06. Finished checkpoint of "xxxxx" (xxxxx.db) at Sat Jun 30 2018 13:53
I. 06/30 14:11:14. Database server stopped at Sat Jun 30 2018 14:11
- As a comparison, in an example case seen with a 50 000 table database normal shutdown was taking in the region of a few minutes. However the shutdown after running a checkdb CHECK on all tables was taking between 15 to 20 minutes.
This only affects
- SAP IQ 15.x on all platforms
- SAP IQ 16.0 on all platforms
- SAP IQ 16.1 SP01 on all platforms
sybase, stuck, hang, blocked, closedown, 'shut down', 'db stop', kill, block, slow, performance, CR815809, CR#815809, 815809, CR816241, CR#816241, 816241, ASA, 'long time', exceed, , KBA , BC-SYB-IQ , Sybase IQ , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.