- ASE unexpectedly shuts down.
- Replication Agent is configured for stream replication in an IMRS enabled database.
- Error 9414 may be reported in the ASE errorlog, for example:
Error: 9414, Severity: 20, State: 1
RepAgent(5): Streaming replication stream CI Library error -1 with severity 2 and message 'Producer receiver 'ERP_1' failed to receive data, shutting down transport to 'ocs:myhostname:portnumber'.'. Rep Agent detected error 3 with message 'Unknown' at line 0 in file nofilename.
- ASE errorlog contains an "infected with signal 11" error in the module ubffreef() with a stack trace:
Current process (0x479023d) infected with signal 11 (SIGSEGV)
Address 0x0x00000000021524bd (ubffreef+0x10d), siginfo (code, address) = (1, 0x0x000000000000001c)
- The stack trace includes the following functions:
Note: A complete stack trace is available under Attachments.
- There is also a message about a spinlock RAMEM_SPIN held by a process (spid) infected by signal 11:
Spinlocks held by kpid 75039293
Spinlock RAMEM_SPIN at address 0x00000001459edf80 owned by 75039293
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise Cluster Edition (ASE CE) 16.0
Sybase, infected, signal, SEGV, SIGSEGV, segment, violation, storage, access, kisignal, CR815821, CR#815821, 815821 , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-SYB-ASE-CE , ASE Cluster Edition (Standalone) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.