- The Revenue Recognition run finishes with the error message 'Doc. item ABC/XX: Only doc. items of the same profit center can be merged'.
This error message hints towards a project based fixed price Sales Order Item, ABC-XX, with the Accrual Method 108 - Recognize using cost-to-cost project POC.
In this case all fixed-price sales order items associated with the same project are bundled into a single item for the purposes of Revenue Recognition.
To be bundled into a single item, the Sales Order Items must point to the same Company, Segment, Profit Center, and Customer.
- You have verified that all project based fixed price Sales Order Items of the project are assigned to the same Profit Center. However, the error is still reported in the Revenue Recognition Run.
(ABC-XX represents the sales order item ID)
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Cost and Revenue work center.
- Go to the Periodic Tasks view and select Revenue Recognition.
- Find the run with processing status Error.
- Open the Log via the Log Result link.
- Open the Messages tab.
Error message: 'Doc. item ABC-XX: Only doc. items of the same profit center can be merged is displayed'.
To verify that all fix-price sales order items of the project are assigned to the same profit center:
- In the Sales Document Items view of the Cost and Revenue work center find sales order item ABC-XX.
- Navigate to the Associated Objects tab.
- Take note of Project ID XYZ (XYZ represents the project ID).
- Open the Advanced search.
- Under Related Documents, in the Project ID field enter the project ID XYZ.
- Under Accounting Data, in the Revenue Type field select 3 - Project Sales (Fixed Price).
- Press Go.
- Check if all fix-price items associated with the project are assigned to the same project.
To bundle all fixed price sales order items with accrual method 108-Recognize using cost-to-cost project POC the system automatically creates an internal ONLY-project based item in the backend.
This internal ONLY-project based item is associated with the same Company, Segment and Profit Center of the Leading Sales Document Item.
However, if the Profit Center of the Leading Sales Document Item (and all the other items) is changed then this new assignment does currently not get updated automatically for the internal project based item.
This is the reason for the error message in the revenue recognition run.
Our Development Team are working on improving the Profit Center assignment logic for the internal project items.
The functionality shall be enhanced in a future SAP ByDesign release.
In the meantime, if you encounter this scenario and if you have verified that all fix-price sales order items of the project really are assigned to the same profit center, please send an incident to Support and we will change the profit center of the internal project-based item from the backend.
Revenue Recognition, Run, Error, Profit Center, Same, Posting, POC, Project, Items, Sales Document, Company , KBA , SRD-FIN-COR , Cost & Revenue , Problem